Saturday, October 4, 2008

The new bedroom

I have promised to paint Gavin's room since we moved into this house . . . three years ago. Well last week I got CRAZY and had the kids help me paint Gavin's room. We chose a shade of his favorite color and now he has a beautiful blue room. I have also been eying those really cool loft beds with the slide and fort. They pop up on craigslist all the time, but it is next to impossible to get your hands on one. Well yesterday was our lucky day. We braved the wind, rain, and traffic and trecked up to Vancouver to load up the bed we scored. After a late night of assembling and an early morning trip to the mattress store Gavin is now napping in his new bed. Here are a couple pictures from earlier in the day. Wow he is excited. Now to get the rest of the furniture in the house rearranged to accommodate the new room.

4 comments:

thedsr said...

Looks like a sweet bed!

CC said...

I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Yet another reason my kids will never want to leave your home....

Mary said...

Looks like a fun bedroom to me....but you won't have fun making the bed. Tanner had a bunkbed for several yrs...not fun to make.

bobbi jo said...

who wouldn't love this sweet bedroom?! i love how excited and proud he looks in the second picture! now i see why you were wanting to get this for him, it looks like a little boy's dream room! good job mama! p.s. check out the baby pics on the camps blog (link through my blog), i especially like the one with the tiny foot, good ideas for you.